The Go Anywhere Fish Everywhere compact tenkara travel rod. A great rod that fits every travel situation.
This is an amazing slow-soft action, high quality, lightweight Tenkara fly fishing rod. Fits into backpacks or any travel need. Collapses to 34cm and weights only 60g, it is the ideal rod for any fishing trip. As well as fly fishing the rod can be used to float fish or present small baits at a distance, like a traditional fishing whip.
- Length 325cm 10 6”
- Collapse Length 34cm 13.5" (with cap)
- Weight 60g 2.1 oz without end cap
- Slow Action
- Hi module carbon, incredibly light
- 2 tips, with a soft smooth action
- Japanese style flared butt handle
- Padded bag protector & clear plastic travel tube
- Guaranteed 2 years of parts or replacement
Tenkara is a method of fly fishing that originated in Japan, using long light rods, fixed lengths of line attached to the rod-tip, which allows the fly to be delicately presented to the fish. Basic instructions are included, however there are great videos online to refine your tenkara fishing)
There are two types of tenkara lines.
- The traditional line is a furled tapered line. 2. The level line (our suggestion). A fluorocarbon line, attached to the Lillian, on the tip of the rod.
Tenkara fly lines and flies can be stored and carried on any round foam line rig. These can be slipped over the rod for easy transport and changed very quickly to suit the target fish.